Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Finds

I've recently discovered a Canadian magazine called House & Home (http://www.houseandhome.com/). It's so lovely and has proved a great resource. I found these well-priced knobs from Lee Valley Hardware in the January edition (http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/page.aspx?p=50467&cat=3,46742,44005). Believe it or not, about the cheapest glass doorknob I can find is the Tea House Doorknob at Anthropologie. Given that it includes the doorplate, it's cheaper than Ebay.

In renovating a house, there are nearly as many decisions as in building a new one, but I prefer the process. Luke will likely disagree as he's had to do a good bit of the unpleasant labor, but I find renovation much more interesting. I like the creative compromises that are necessary; I like working within the confines of a style and neighborhood chosen by another. And there is something so satisfying about the old, worn and dirty being renewed. What we're doing is a far cry from God's redemption of creation, but it's a similar theme and I find it so satisfying to take part in both a creative and regenerative project.

No comments:

Post a Comment